simpleKinect is an application for sending data from the Microsoft Kinect to any OSC-enabled application. The application attempts to improve upon similar software by offering more openni features and more user control.
- Specify OSC output IP and Port in real time.
- Send CoM (Center of Mass) coordinate of all users inside the space, regardless of skeleton calibration.
- Send skeleton data (single user), on a joint-by-joint basis, as specified by the user.
- Manually switch between users for skeleton tracking.
- Individually select between three joint modes (world, screen, and body) for sending data.
- Individually determine the OSC output url for any joint.
- Save/load application settings.
- Send distances between joints (sent in millimeters). [default is on]
Projects utilizing simpleKinect
Casting. Electronic composition for solo performer with the Microsoft Kinect and Kyma.